Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Still Here!

Well, I have been a bad blogger

I haven't made a post since the big announcement.

I have been around but life is getting busy. I have been working quite a bit which is good because I'll need to claim EI/Mat Leave earlier than most so I need my funds to be on the up so I'll get more money. Also DH's birthday was on the weekend so we kept busy. I am enrolled in 3 online courses this semester and while the courses themselves aren't too difficult I have to keep myself on track with my reading and assignments. On top of all of this the pregnancy fatigue is setting in and I am loving the afternoon naps but it does make it difficult to get everything accomplished in a day that I hope for.

As far as pregnancy news goes. Nothing too much on the home front. Our immediate families know along with a few close friends/acquaintances. At this point it's still a need to know basis. Of course everyone is thrilled for us.

I have an ultrasound scheduled for Monday and to say I'm nervous is an understatement. DH and I don't think we've ever wanted so desperately. I'll be exactly 6 weeks during the ultrasound and there's only a 50% chance that we'll see the heartbeat that early. So fingers are crossed that we see it. Once you see that beautiful little flicker, the chance of miscarriage goes down quite significantly.

Think sticky and hearbeat vibes for me will ya!